Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bride Freak-Out #1

So yesterday it happened... I freaked out. My freaking out then subsequently freaked someone else out. Nope, it didn't freak Brian out - I scared the crap out of some random girl working at a bridal shop.

So here's the story:
I received an email from I Do Bridal about a sale they were having. I then thought to myself - "Wow, I haven't really heard anything about my wedding dress or what my next steps are". So I sent a reply back to I Do Bridal mentioning that I was confused why I hadn't heard about my dress and was curious if everything was okay. About 10 minutes later I started received phone calls from the same number, and finally a voice mail. Upon listening to the voicemail I heard a frantic sales girl telling me to call her back immediately.

So now I'm freaking out. Big time. About to go crazy if something is wrong with my dress and I have to start all over again (Yes, I realize the wedding isn't for another 10 months, but COME ON - this is THE dress). So I call the girl back. She informs me that my name isn't in any of their records, they don't know what dress I ordered, and they definitely don't have anything on site of mine. I start telling her that my mom already paid for the dress, that I was in around January, and that I couldn't believe this was happening. So she asked what brand of dress it was. ...and here's where the stupid part happens... I tell her what brand (sorry, can't say it here - don't really want folks to know yet!). "Ma'am, we don't carry that line here. Are you sure you didn't buy it somewhere else?".

WHOOOOOOOOOPS. I bought the dress from Princess Bride (don't laugh at the name, my dress is killer). Not from I Do Bridal.

It's a little scary that I'm already going crazy 10 months out. Maybe Brian should reconsider keeping my insanity around for life.

1 comment:

  1. To quote one of the best shows ever..."its the crazy ones that have all the best pills" :)the dress is a big deal and there are SO many details, its easy to forget!!!

    ReplyDelete