Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A step back in time...(part II)

Last post I gave you the run down on how we met... now to more recent history... In July of 2008, we moved in together in a little apartment in Issaquah, WA. Two days after moving in, we had our first addition to the family - Atilla the English Springer Spaniel (and greatest dog in the world). Brian started subbing for the Issaquah School District and I continued to work in communications - everything was great. Then, in the middle of December - things got even better... Brian proposed. Here's the official story: We were about to have a snowstorm, it was already snowing a bit and we decided to go for a walk. As I was downstairs, ready to go - Brian, as usual, was taking forever to get ready. He yelled down to me "do you see my jacket?", "do you see my watch?", "do you think my hat is down there?" - just as I was about to tell him to find all of these items himself, he was hurrying down the stairs and kneeling in front of me. Completely floored, I barely remember him asking "Will you marry me" - and apparently I kept saying "Are you serious?!" over, and over again. As Brian put the ring on my finger, the dog grabbed the ring box and ran around (typical). We then went for our walk and then started calling our friends.

Pretty immediately we knew we were going to get married in a different way than the past weddings we had been to. Although the weddings were all fun - we had geographical concerns and wanted to re-live a bit of the beginning of our relationship. So Mexico... Here we come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment