Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fun Facts: The Best Man

What is a best man? Is it a person who is big, red and loves beer? In our case it is! Even before I had proposed to my lovely bride, I knew that my best man could be none other than my best friend, the incomparable Jon Carey!


Fun Facts about Jon:
-Jon and I know each other through Troop 3: the Groton, MA branch of the Boy Scouts of America.
-Jon was a fat kid, like me!
-Jon is married to Andrea. She is more attractive than he is.
-Our aforementioned fatness may have come from sharing numerous pizzas and cases of Mountain Dew while watching movies and forsaking any sort of physical activity (this is speculation, as it still has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt).
-Jon and I went to Australia together; and although he may tell you otherwise the whole thing was my idea.
-I was the best man at Jon’s wedding, where I got a little tipsy prior to my speech and may have referred to Krystle as “chemically imbalanced” – I don’t remember this though.
-Jon has been known by many names… actually he hasn’t, but I just wanted to refer to him as a beer-robot again.
-Jon has the uncanny ability to get A’s in school without doing much work, or at least procrastinating until the very last second.
-Every time I have attempted to match Jon drink for drink I have ended up with a multiple-day hangover.
-Jon and Andrea have a cat named Finn.
-Jon is allergic to cats.
-We are both Eagle Scouts, and although Krystle does not believe me, we don’t do a bird call when greeting each other.
-Jon will be moving to Washington sometime in the future: he does not have a say in this matter.
-Bottomline: Jon is the most loyal friend I know, and I could not think of another person whom I would consider to stand beside me as my best man on my wedding day!

1 comment:

  1. First off, LOVE the website! Secondly, I might have just peed myself from laughing so hard! Brian, that is one perfect description of Jon!! I can't wait for the wedding!!!! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete